Karen Swan began her career in fashion journalism before giving it all up to raise her three children and an ADHD puppy, and to pursue her ambition of becoming a writer. She lives in the forest in Sussex, writing her books in a treehouse overlooking the Downs. Her first novel, PLAYERS, was published in 2010, followed by PRIMA DONNA and CHRISTMAS AT TIFFANY'S, which just released and is available now. Check out the 'Where I Work' tab on her website. I want to live with her. :-)
Now for 10 more very Interesting Facts about Karen which she so gracefully agreed to share with us. Thank you Karen!
1. I’m a Leo and do have a mane.
2. I’m the eldest of three, with only 13 months apart between me, and my sister.
3. I’m a Type A personality but never knew it until I had kids and suddenly had to deal with unregulated chaos.
4. I grew up in Pinner, North-West London, the same village as Elton John and Simon Le Bon. (How cool is that?)
5. I love dogs, but am terrified of horses.
6. I am very flexible and can still do the splits after a childhood full of dance. I do Pilates now to retain my suppleness.
7. I have the most terrible memory and forget what I’m saying halfway through saying it. The children call it my ‘endless silences…’ as I just drift into silence and don’t even realize I’m doing it. It drives them mad.
8. It is impossible for me to hear anything when I am reading. You could drop a piano and I wouldn’t notice.
9. I abhor bad manners and lateness.
10. I believe Love is the answer and that hugs can literally save lives.
In the wake of a heartbreaking betrayal, a young woman leaves the Scottish countryside to find her destiny in three of the most exciting cities in the world—New York, Paris, and London—in this funny and triumphant tale of fulfillment, friendship, and love.
Ten years ago, a young and naïve Cassie married her first serious boyfriend, believing he would be with her forever. Now, her marriage is in tatters and Cassie has no career or home of her own. Though she feels betrayed and confused, Cassie isn’t giving up. She’s going to take control of her life. But first she has to find out where she belongs . . . and who she wants to be.
Over the course of one year, Cassie leaves her sheltered life in rural Scotland to stay with her best friends living in the most glamorous cities in the world: New York, Paris, and London. Exchanging comfort food and mousy hair for a low-carb diet and a gorgeous new look, Cassie tries each city on for size as she searches for the life she’s meant to have . . . and the man she’s meant to love.
* * * * *
If you’d like to learn even more about Karen and her fabulous books, please visit her website, and feel free to follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and follow her books on Goodreads.
CHRISTMAS AT TIFFANY’S by Karen Swan, Harper Collins, available now in print and ebook formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Kobobooks, and iTunes.
***click on links above or cover below for purchasing information, remember even pennies per sale using my links help keep this blog alive. Thank You.