Thursday, May 30, 2019

Unwrapping a Review of QUANTUM, a Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides novel by Erin Kellison


Greetings my darling readers, I know I’ve been remiss in providing you reviews of good reads this past year and I apologize. Life has a hold on me which does not allow me much reading time. I have tried to make up for that in publishing my own good reads for you and I hope you’ve given them a try. In an attempt to make up for my neglect, I have been offering up guest reviews for you enjoy by my dear friend, Connie Fischer. 
However, today I am actually sharing a review of mine of a book I read last year but never got around to reviewing – QUANTUM, a Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides novel by Erin Kellison. She is one of my favorite authors and I hope to make her one of yours with a scifi romance that I absolutely inhaled.

***copy purchased for my own personal reading but I'm sharing my honest and unscripted review.

Blurb for QUANTUM:

Space Invader steals time for love

Ex-soldier turned space pirate Tey Raider is visiting Earth to steal a fortune and use one of the Red Rock vortexes to escape into the deep black. When he bumps into Sophia West, he has no idea the human woman will throw a wrench into the hyperdrive of his master plan, and spin him, his storm cruiser, and his heart out of control.

Sophia doesn’t believe in aliens until a Sedona-based dating agency mixer puts her in direct contact with out-of-this-world clientele. She’s undercover trying to locate her brother—abducted and tortured by the big-brained bully, Nimbus. She strikes a hard bargain with Tey Raider to help her find and free her brother. Never mind that the haunted ex-soldier makes her want to reach out and make an alien connection.

The mission leads to a close encounter, and when the red dust settles, neither will be the same.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Review:

In most scifi adventures featuring the idea of an intergalactic dating service, the women travel to other planets or realms to seek out husbands where there is a shortage of women…not in this one. This one takes place right here at home on Earth. Surprise!

Tey Raider is a space pirate who has visited Earth in order to steal something very valuable and once he has it, he needs to use one of the Red Rock vortexes to escape again. In the process, he bumps into a woman who simply and undeniably does not believe in aliens of any sort…not even one who is all male, incredibly sexy, and set on protecting her no matter what even though she realizes quickly he’s a little off with his somewhat red skin.

Sophia West is searching for her brother. Unaware of the absolute and out of this world danger she is in, she finds herself inside a club hosting a party which is filled with aliens, and I don’t mean the type who came over the border illegally but the kind you might meet in your nightmares, and they are seeking mates. Once inside the club leaving is not particularly an option and she quickly discovers she must depend on Tey to escape unless she wants to end up totally under the control of a truly nasty bad guy. When she discovers an odd item, she hides it away which puts her into an even deeper puddle of trouble. Not willing to leave until she discovers her brother’s whereabouts, she and Tey are on the go and trying to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.

I loved this story. The power was out. We had a Nor’Easter raging around us and I had to stay awake in order to continuously check on my elderly mother to make sure she was staying warm and to keep a check on the gas logs burning on the lower level to provide us heat. It was cold! However, it turned out trying to stay awake while reading QUANTUM was no problem at all. This was a great story filled with unusual and exciting adventure, albeit sometimes a bit gruesome, and a great cast of secondary characters. Tey is sexy as can be and an Alpha male with a surprisingly big heart. Sophia is a typical earthling woman who although she is stubborn and determined isn’t very kickass but then she doesn’t really need to be with back-up like Tey…although, she held her own.

If you love outrageous characters, an adventurous romance, and something a little out of this world unusual then definitely read QUANTUM, the first book in the Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides series by Erin Kellison. I highly recommend it. In fact, I’ve got AXION and PARADOX waiting for me on my reader. I bought them as soon as the power came back on.

Happy Reading Everyone!!

QUANTUM, a Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides novel by Erin Kellison.
(I am sorry. It seems this book is no longer for sale at vendors but perhaps you can contact Erin through Goodreads or her Facebook page to find out how you might get a copy.)

In the meantime, if you're looking for adventurous good reading, the first four books of my Seekers of the Past series is now available for FREE reading at Kindle Unlimited as well as a fun standalone, rom-com inspired contemporary romance, When It Doesn't Stay In Vegas. Happy Reading!

   

No comments: