Monday, March 18, 2019

Unwrapping a Guest Review by Connie Fischer of TO MARRY A MARCHIONESS, a Lords of London novel by Tamara Gill

Greetings my darling readers, I know I’ve been remiss in providing you reviews of good reads this past year and I apologize. Life has a hold on me which does not allow me much reading time. I have tried to make up for that in publishing my own good reads for you and I hope you’ve given them a try. So to make up for my neglect, I will be offering up guest reviews for you enjoy. I hope to be back reviewing for you soon but in the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy my dear friend, Connie Fischer’s reviews to guide you to good reads. Enjoy and Happy Reading!

I present to you a guest review of a TO MARRY A MARCHIONESS, a Lords of London novel by Tamara Gill, published March 12, 2019.


Blurb for TO MARRY A MARCHIONESS:

Lady Henrietta Zetland is definitely not looking for love again after being widowed so young. She cannot provide the heirs most husbands desire, so is quite happy to abandon the trappings of the ton and the London Season for country life. Yet the moment she meets Marcus Duncan, the new Marquess Zetland, the passion she has long suppressed returns to life and overwhelms all good sense and propriety.

Becoming a marquess is just what Marcus Duncan needs to save his crumbling Scottish estate. His travels to England to oversee his newly acquired estates throw him into the path of his cousin's widow. Marcus is instantly charmed by Henrietta, and when a passionate love affair ensues the last thing he expects is to lose his heart to her. Wanting more, he fears that the secret he's hiding will drive her away...but Henrietta has a secret of her own that could separate them forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Connie’s Review:

Lady Henrietta Nicholson, Marchioness of Zetland, is mourning the death of her husband, Walter. They had only been married for a year when he was struck down by a lung ailment.

Henrietta's mother, the Duchess of Athelby, wants her to return to town with her, but Henrietta wants to remain in her estate, Kewell Hall, in Surrey which now belongs to her. She loves her home and is not interested in the social whirl of London.

Henrietta and Walter had not had children and the doctors say that she is barren. Therefore, another marriage would not be right.

Walter’s heir, Marcus Duncan, now living in Scotland, is sad to learn of the death of Walter, but the title and properties coming to him will help him immensely. He plans to travel to England to oversee the properties and then go back to Scotland with income to repair and rebuild his home in Scotland. Marcus is father to a son, Arthur, and he doesn’t want to be away from him for too long.

When Walter calls upon Henrietta, he shows her that she doesn’t truly own Kewell Hall. Shocked, Henrietta politely invites him to stay there while her solicitor sorts it all out. He tells her about his home in Scotland called Morleigh Castle and invites her to visit sometime.

Henrietta shows him Kewell Hall and as they spend time together, an attraction grows. Yet both of them are carrying secrets and they feel once those secrets are revealed, there could be no hope for them to have a relationship. Or is there?

I really liked this plot. Henrietta and Marcus are wonderful and likable characters that pull at the reader’s heart strings. My only complaint is that it is too sexually explicit for me. However, I’m sure others will like it.

Copy provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

TO MARRY A MARCHIONESS, a Lords of London novel by Tamara Gill, available now in ebook and print at Amazon.

No comments: