Friday, February 22, 2019

Unwrapping a Guest Review by Connie Fischer of MR HUNT, I PRESUME by Valerie Bowman


Greetings my darling readers, I know I’ve been remiss in providing you reviews of good reads this past year and I apologize. Life has a hold on me which does not allow me much reading time. I have tried to make up for that in publishing my own good reads for you and I hope you’ve given them a try. So to make up for my neglect, I will be offering up guest reviews for you enjoy. I hope to be back reviewing for you soon but in the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy my dear friend, Connie Fischer’s reviews to guide you to good reads. Enjoy and Happy Reading!

I present to you a guest review of a novella in the Playful Brides series by Valerie Bowman – MR HUNT, I PRESUME, published February 8, 2019.



Blurb for Mr Hunt, I Presume:

He never forgot her…

When General Collin Hunt is ordered to take a much-needed holiday, he resigns himself to rest and recreation at his brother’s country estate. But when the only woman he ever loved—and selflessly gave up—shows up as his sister-in-law’s governess, his carefully ordered life is turned inside out.

She’ll never forgive him…

When Erienne Stone defied her family and fled her life of privilege, she never expected to be reunited with the man who’d abandoned her more than a decade before. But Lucy, Duchess of Claringdon, is a hard woman to say no to, even when Erienne’s heart is in danger of breaking all over again.

A meddling matchmaker may be the key to their second chance…

After a decade of pain and heartache, can two star-crossed lovers trust the truth in their own hearts?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Connie’s Review:
London - 1824

Lucy Hunt is married to Derek, the Duke of Claringdon, and is going through applications sent from Mrs. Griggs employment office, searching for a governess for their children, Ralph, 2, and Mary, 3. One applicant is Miss Erienne Stone, age 32. Derek remembers her name from when he and his family lived in Brighton. He tells Lucy that she was the daughter of a knight, Sir Robert Stone. In fact, Derek’s brother, Collin, age 35, had once courted the woman. Today, Collin is a confirmed bachelor. However, he admitted once that he never married because there is only one woman he ever loved. 

When Lucy interviews Erienne, she is very pleased with her qualifications, and hires her. Lucy loves to be a matchmaker which is how they lost their previous governess.

Collin works tirelessly for the government, so his boss tells him to take some time off as he has been working too hard. So, he decides to visit Derek and Lucy and see his niece and nephew.

When Collin and Erienne see one another again, it is difficult for both of them because they are both nursing hurt from miscommunication in the past. Is there a chance that their relationship can be renewed?

This is a nice little romance but a bit predictable. This is an example of when a novella should be a full length book.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

MR HUNT, I PRESUME, a Playful Brides novella by Valerie Bowman, June Third Enterprises, available now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobobooks.

No comments: