Monday, November 2, 2020

Unwrapping a Spotlight/Guest Post for JOSHUA, a Risking Love novel by Callie Carmen

Hi to all my lovely readers, I hope you’re all well and staying safe. Today, I’m thrilled to spotlight a new book coming from Callie Carmen, author of the Risking Love series. JOSHUA (book 5) is now available for Pre-Order and will be officially releasing on December 1, 2020. You can pre-order it now for 99¢!

Amazon

Blurb for JOSHUA:

Bella spent the last year with a man that barely touched her. It was high time that she got some hot, passionate sex. The only problem was it couldn’t be with just anybody. It had to be with someone special.

Should she choose the gorgeous club owner? Or the mysterious, sexy businessman? Which of them would let her explore a secret desire for a little non-vanilla passion in and out of the bedroom? 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

In the meantime, I’m turning the blog over to Callie so she can tell you a bit more about the book and what inspired the setting for JOSHUA, as well as share an excerpt with you. Enjoy!

Callie, welcome to Unwrapping Romance. It’s a delight to have you here and I wish you much success with JOSHUA and your ongoing series.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for having me on your wonderful blog today.

Bella brought Joshua to her family’s cottage on the lake for their second date. She wanted some alone time with him before he left for the United Kingdom.


 When I researched the horse ranches of Kentucky, I found this lovely Winfield Ranch. It is much like the Winfield family farm where Josh grew up. If you are interested in starting your own horse ranch this one is on sale for only $2,900,000. Get those checkbooks out!

 

Josh has two women in his life and because of a family emergency he finds himself having to bring both home with him at the same time.

Click the link to see a video of the Three Chimney’s Farm which was home to Seattle Slew. http://www.threechimneys.com/

It is similar to the Winfield’s farm where Josh learned to ride and care for their thoroughbred horses. It was worth watching to see how beautifully these horses are cared for. 

In case, you haven’t seen enough this site has a video of the gorgeous Claiborne Farm which had been home to Secretariat. https://claibornefarm.com/visit/  

Scroll down the website page to find the video.


Excerpt from JOSHUA:

 Bella

    Ava got out of the truck and hugged Josh. It felt like a slap to my face.

She peeked around his shoulder and looked at me like I had two heads.

“Who’s this?” She didn’t smile.

Josh introduced us. Not as my girlfriend Bella. Just Bell. I had to admit that was my fault. After all, I had told him I was going to date while he was away. He didn’t introduce her as his girlfriend, Ava. Just Ava.

“It was nice to meet you, Bella. I hope you understand, but Josh and I have to hit the road. We’ve got a plane to catch.”

She climbed into the driver’s seat, and he looked at me and winced. He put out his hand to help me into the truck. I didn’t take it. There was no way I was sitting next to her. I shook my head, and he took the hint and climbed into the middle seat. As I climbed in, I heard him tell blondie I was coming.

“What? Is she taking the truck back home for you?”

“No, I’m taking her home with me.”

I reached for my seatbelt looked up and saw her eyes had rounded and her hand squeezed his forearm. She pulled away when she saw me watching. She wanted nothing to do with me going on this trip.

 

 

PROMOTIONAL SALE FROM BLACK VELVET SEDUCTIONS FOR THE RISKING LOVE SERIES TO CELEBRATE THE PUBLICATION OF 

JOSHUA BY CALLIE CARMEN

 


JOSHUA (Risking Love Book 5)

Pre-Order Available Now for the ebook—only .99c for a limited time

Paperback Coming Soon


PATRICK (Risking Love Book 1)

Jaq had no interest in a serious relationship because life at an early age had taught her that men weren’t to be trusted. But she met Patrick who soon had her thinking about risking her heart.

For Patrick the time for Jaq dating other men had ended. He wanted her all to himself. But would she stay if she knew the secrets of his past? Patrick wasn’t the only man who wanted Jaq, and the other man was willing to kill to have her.  

Patrick (Risking Love Book 1) 

Ebook Sale .99c through 12/31.

 

Risking Love Box Set (eBooks 1-4)

Take a risk on the Risking Love novels about six friends that are always there for each other. The Risking Love books are an emotionally charged exploration of the search for love and truth—in their relationships, their careers, and their hearts. These romantic stories will have you laughing, crying, and your heart racing. 

The Risking Love Box Set

Box Set (eBooks 1-4) 50% off only $5.98 through 12/31—regularly $11.96

 

Read all Risking Love novels as standalone books or as part of the series.

Feel free to stalk CALLIE CARMEN at: 

Facebook | Facebook Author Page | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

Pinterest | LinkedIn | MeWe | BookBub | Her Website

 


13 comments:

Callie Carmen said...

Amy,
Your Unwrapping Romance blog looks wonderful as always. Thank you so much for having me as a guest.
Sweet dreams.
Callie

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this. Great blog, and can't wait to read this book.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a good read. Love the excerpt!

Alice said...

Woohoo! I love triangles! Can't wait to read this story.

Callie Carmen said...

Hi GIbby,
Thank you. I can't wait to hear what you think of Joshua's love story.
Callie

Callie Carmen said...

Thank you, Suzanne. I'm so glad you enjoyed the excerpt.
Callie

Callie Carmen said...

Hi Alice,
Thank you. I like triangles in a romance too.
Callie

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

I would love to visit a farm like Three Chimney's - if I could!
Great excerpt. Can't wait to read this.

Callie Carmen said...

Hi Sassy Brit,
I would love that too. I drive by the beautiful horse farms of Kentucky like the Three Chimney's farm on my way to Florida.
Callie

Rita said...

Wow! I didn't expect a love triangle. Can't wait for this one.

Callie Carmen said...

Hi Rita,
Yes, you would think that having two women in love with him would be a good thing. Think again.

Thank you
Callie

Estelle said...

I loved the excerpt - it sounds like a love triangle and I'm so curious. I've preordered my copy and can't wait to dig into the reading.

Callie Carmen said...

Hi Estelle,
Thank you. I'm so glad you like the sound of the triangle. Thanks for picking up a copy.
Callie