Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Unwrapping a Guest Review by Connie Fischer of ONE NIGHT FOR SEDUCTION, a Wicked Dukes Club novel by Erica Ridley


Greetings my darling readers, I know I’ve been remiss in providing you reviews of good reads this past year and I apologize. Life has a hold on me which does not allow me much reading time. I have tried to make up for that in publishing my own good reads for you and I hope you’ve given them a try. So to make up for my neglect, I will be offering up guest reviews for you enjoy. I hope to be back reviewing for you soon but in the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy my dear friend, Connie Fischer’s reviews to guide you to good reads. Enjoy and Happy Reading!

I present to you a guest review of ONE NIGHT FOR SEDUCTION, a Wicked Dukes Club novel by Erica Ridley, published April 16, 2019.


Blurb for ONE NIGHT FOR SEDUCTION:

When the Wicked Duke dares the Duke of Colehaven to find a suitor for an unmanageable ward, Cole immediately accepts. He's on a winning streak, and besides, how unmarriageable can a pretty young lady be? He appoints himself bodyguard and duenna, only to discover his own desires may be the greatest danger of all.

Supposed wallflower Diana Middleton lives a double life, bringing dishonest businessmen to justice. Shaking off a meddling duke should be child's play. Yet the more they lock horns, the more she wants to lock lips. Her scandalous secrets would derail his political career. But surely there’s no harm in one little seduction…

Meet the unforgettable men of London's most notorious tavern, The Wicked Duke. Seductively handsome, with charm and wit to spare, one night with these rakes and rogues will never be enough…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Connie’s Review:

London - 1817

Caleb Sutton, fifth Duke of Colehaven, has just entered the tavern known as the Wicked Duke. There, he sees his friend, Valentine Fairfax, sixth Duke of Eastleigh. Another friend. Thaddeus Middleton, is lamenting about the costs to clothe his cousin and ward, Diana Middleton, as she prepares for her season. As she is now 25-years-old, he may have a difficult time marrying her off. So, Colehaven accepts a bet to see that Diana becomes a married woman.

Diana Middleton has no interest in marriage but enjoys making sure that businesses deliver correct items to people and do not overcharge their customers. She goes by the name of Mrs. Peabody as she visits various establishments ensuring their compliance with her demands.

To please her cousin, Thaddeus, Diana agrees to participate in soirees
but manages to slip away and continue to investigate different merchants to ensure their compliance with proper standards of weights and measures. Even so, Diana cannot help but be attracted to Colehaven.

One night, Diana meets Felicity, 24, Colehaven’s sister. It turns out neither of them is anxious to marry because Felicity enjoys learning the mechanics of things. Colehaven had asked Felicity to introduce Diana around. So, both ladies set out to thwart his ideas. When Diana learns of Colehaven’s wager to marry her off, oh hell no!

But more time spent together as Colehaven tries to push Diana out into society more, ends up in the two of them sparking an attraction. Oh my goodness. What now?

This is a well written book with a really good plot. I liked the characters and when a basket of kittens is thrown in for good measure, I was hooked. Cats are my passion. Come along for the fun of this book. The humor thrown in will make you laugh at loud. Well done, Erica Ridley.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

ONE NIGHT FOR SEDUCTION, a Wicked Dukes Club novel by Erica Ridley, WebMotion, available now in ebook and print at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobobooks.

No comments: