Friday, February 12, 2016

Bad Grammar Could Be Affecting Your Chances To Find Love...Say What?


As a woman recently divorced, I’ve tried my hand at online dating…nothing is more of a turn off than a poorly written profile especially when it seems to have been edited by auto-correct. I try my best to make mine as articulate as possible...after all, I'm a writer and editor. How would it look for mine to be full of errors? 

I suspect that many of the men writing their profiles, as well as conversing in messages, are doing it from their phones or iPads and since cell phones today seem to have a perverted sense of humor when it comes to their auto-correct, something as simple as ‘Hi, how was your day?’ can turn into all kinds of troublesome mishmash. I don’t know about you, but I always double check before I hit send…of course, sometimes that darn SEND gets hit simply from a bump of the arm. In any case, it helps to double check anything you want the public, and especially potential dates to see. Don’t you think?

With Valentine’s Day coming this Sunday, I’m sure the airwaves will be a buzz with all kinds of romantic chatter, so it kind of has to make you wonder how grammar might affect someone’s dating life. Well, Grammarly, the folks with the writing app, thought so too.

How articulate you are might just make the difference between finding your happily-ever-after and spending a lifetime alone according to Grammarly. You see, it seems there are quite a few of us unable to put together a coherent sentence via cell phone, and probably anywhere else, so you might want to watch out for auto-correct making it worse.

Grammarly partnered with the online dating website eHarmony to determine whether the writing skills displayed in people’s online dating profiles affect their chances of finding romance. I could have told them it did without too much work…but that’s my opinion. Grammarly did the work and summarized the results, along with other online dating statistics, in the following infographic.

I'm not sure I totally agree with all but on average, I suppose it's true. In the end, it seems that if you know your grammar, and monitor auto-correct, you should have truly good luck with romance. So where's my grammar smart guy? 

Happy Valentine’s Day from Unwrapping Romance and Grammarly.

Valentine's Day Grammar 2016 Infographic

No comments:

Free with DHC Purchase While Supplies Last!

FREE Spring Clutch with purchase of 4 makeup products from DHCcare.com. While supplies last! Shop Now.; ;