Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Favorite Reads From 2013

Welcome to 2014! Here’s hoping that this year is filled with joy, much happiness, and success in any endeavor you choose. At this time, I like to take a peak back at the year gone past, not at my life because frankly, that was pretty awful but at the books that left a lasting impression on me. So without further ado, here are my favorite reads from 2013. These are not in any particular order as I found it impossible to pick just one as my absolute favorite. If you haven’t read these yet, feel free to click on the title, read my review, then perhaps you'll find a new read for yourself. I’d love to know what you think of any you choose to read. Happy Reading Everyone!

The anthology VAMPIRES GONE WILD containing: 
V IS FOR VAMPWOMAN, a novella by Kerrelyn Sparks
A FOREVER LOVE, a novella by Pamela Palmer
FIRST DATES ARE HELL, a novella by Amanda Arista

BLOOD AND WATER, a novella by Kim Falconer
 - This is one of the best compilations of novellas by four amazing paranormal romance writers ever. I loved every story and even discovered a new author to read in Kim Falconer.

COLLIDE, a Barker Triplets novel by Juliana Stone – I loved this entire trilogy but there was something, about Shane Gallagher, that just made me fall head over heels in love with him.


TOGETHER AGAIN, a Second Chances novel by Peggy Bird – Tony Alessandro *sigh*

SECRETS OF THE SKY, an Immortals in Alameda novel by Jaye Shields – the ending of this book left me literally sobbing. I can’t ignore a book that does that to me.

ACADIAN WALTZ by Alexandrea Weis – I loved every single word of this book. It drew me in and when I was done, it left me begging for more. I still hope to see a sequel. Hint, Hint Alex!

ONE GOOD EARL DESERVES ALOVER, a Rules of Scoundrels novel by Sarah MacLean – Pippa is one of my most favorite heroines to ever grace a book. I loved, loved this book.

LOVE ON THE LINE by Kimberly Kincaid – first of all, this was a debut, secondly,  it was a novella, and thirdly, I had to read it on my computer because I could only get a Kindle copy and I don’t have a Kindle. I had to read on my Kindle app sitting in my desk chair, which is fine for working but not for reading yet I was glued to this wonderful story from the first page on. I was totally blown away by Kimberly Kincaid and became an instant fan.

ANY DUCHESS WILL DO, a Spindle Cove novel by Tessa Dare – I can’t imagine any series ending with a more wonderful, touching, heartbreaking, and emotionally aching story than that of Griffin and Pauline. It’s my absolute favorite Tessa Dare novel. Can’t wait to see where she goes next.

SECRET MANEUVERS, an Ex-Ops novel by Jessie Lane – this author or rather writing pair was new to me but I’m now a huge fan. I loved the way this story unfolded with its two separate views written in first person. Brilliant!

ANYTHING BUT SWEET, a Sweet Texas novel by Candis Terry –  I loved, loved this story and so the only thing I can say is even after months just thinking about Reno and his sad youth brings tears to my eyes.

HOW TO TAME A WILDFIREMAN, a Bachelor Firemen novel by Jennifer Bernard – Psycho, the hottest Fireman ever! Need I say more?

THE WICKED WALLFLOWER by Maya Rodale – enormous fun and a fabulous start to a brand new series from an author who just keeps getting better with every book she publishes.

HARD AS IT GETS, a Hard Ink novel by Laura Kaye – this was my introduction to Laura Kaye’s writing and I’m forever hooked. This is a book that will grab you, drag you in and keep there until the last emotionally sexy word.

Hope you’ve read all of these but if by chance you haven’t, do!
Happy Reading Everyone! I’m looking forward to what the New Year brings, how about you? 

9 comments:

kipha said...

All these great books!!! :D Many of them also on my list~

jaye shields said...

I'm so humbled to be on your list, I feel like sobbing myself!! :) happy new year, love!

CrystalBee said...

Oh my gosh, I loved Collide! I seriously have to read the next 2 books in the series.

Beebs said...

Hi Amy :) Happy New Year :D

I've only read the HR books on your list and wholeheartedly agree with Sarah Maclean, loved Pippa and Cross, and would have to add No Good Duke Goes Unpunished, I adored Temple and can't wait for Chase's story.

Amy Valentini said...

Happy New Year everyone!
Beebs, I haven't had the chance to read Temple's story yet but I'm sure that had I, it would've made the list. I hear fab things about it. Thanks for being such a loyal follower. xoxo

Jaye, I hope you find the time for more writing, you've such natural talent. I can't believe how hard I cried. xoxo

Crystal, Shane makes me sigh. LOL! Yes, you've got to read the others as well. I loved all three and CONCEAL nearly made my list too. Let me know what you think of them after you read them. Thanks for stopping by.

Ki, love you, sweetie! Happy Reading!

Dalila G. said...

Hi Amy....Happy New Year!!

I'm so looking forward to attacking my books, I received some good books as Christmas presents.....yay for my hubby.... and also downloaded books to my Kindle. Talk about heaven! LOL!!
I do have some of these authors in my TBR pile, will be getting to them very soon!

Have a nice day!

Amy Valentini said...

You've got a keeper for sure, Dalila, if he gave you books. I can guarantee we've got some fab reads to look forward to in 2014 as well. Hopefully, even mine.
Happy New Year Dalila and thank you for being such a loyal follower. xoxo

Unknown said...

Great books! Here's my list! I ended up with 30 LOL!

http://heasareus.blogspot.com/2013/12/our-favorite-reads-of-2013.html

Unknown said...

I'm so honored!!! Thank you, Amy!